Wednesday, November 23, 2016

'tis the season of gratitude

Take a moment and think, how often do you pause to appreciate what you have in life?


" We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." - Cynthia Ozick


While taking the time to write this post I realized how the world is such a beautiful place, and we're lucky to live in such an amazing world. As the holiday season is upon us it's a good time to think about all the amazing people and things you have to be thankful for in your life. I know that often it's easy to feel bad because you're going through a tough time in life, but remember that no matter how bad the situation may seem at the moment, there are millions of things to be grateful for. 

I am so lucky to have my loving husband and my little buddy Anderson! They are truly what makes my whole world go round! I am so thankful for the opportunity I have in this life to be a wife and mother. It truly brings me so much happiness. James is my person and I wouldn't want to do life with anyone else. I am so thankful I get to be in his life as his wife and to watch him be the best dad to Anderson! He has so many amazing qualities and I can't wait for him to teach our children how to be the best that they can be. Anderson is my perfect chunky man and I'm thankful for the love and joy he brings to me everyday. When I'm having a really hard day his cuddles, smiles, laughs and kisses always make it better. He has taught me patience and I will always be so grateful for that.  
I wanted to share just a few more things to be THANKFUL for!

1.     Your parents – for giving birth to you. If not for them you wouldn't be possible.
2. Your family – for being your closest support team.
3. Your soul mate – for being the one who understands everything you’re going through.
4. Your best friends – for being there for you whenever you need them.
5. Your enemies – for helping you uncover your blind spots so you can become a better person.
6. Strangers – for brightening up your days when you least expect it.
7. Your mistakes – for helping you to improve and become a better person.
8. Heartbreaks – for helping you mature and become stronger.
9. Laughter – for filling your life with joy.
10. Love – for letting you feel what it means to truly be alive.
11. Challenges – for helping you grow and become who you are.
12. Life – for giving you the chance to experience all that you have and will experience.
13. Tears – for helping you express your deepest emotions.
14. Disappointment – so you know the things that matter to you most.
15. Fears – so you know your opportunities for growth.
16. Pain – for you to become a stronger person.
17. Sadness – for you to appreciate the many emotions of the human body.
18. Your mistakes – for helping you to improve and become better.
19. Happiness – for you to soak in the beauty of life.
20. Music – for lifting your spirits when you’re down and for making the happy moments happier.
21. Your job – for giving you a source of living.
22. Your home – for a place you can call home.
23. Cell phones – for making it easy to stay in touch with others.
24. Internet – for connecting you and others no matter how far away you are.
25. Transportation – for making it easier to commute from one place to another.




The last thing I want to add to this list is YOU because you are who you are and you touch this world like no other person could. 

Besos, 

JM 












No comments:

Post a Comment